RuPaul's Drag Race


RuPaul's Drag Race


'Gentlemen start your engines, and let the best women win!' - this is how every challenge in RuPaul's Drag race starts. 




Now, I know it is a rather peculiar subject to touch upon, but I don't mind it and hope that you won't either. RuPaul Drag race is an American Tv show, in which 13 men compete in a series of challenges in order to become the new American drag superstar. 







I know it may sound silly, but it is truly fun to watch. The show may seem like an easy, or primitive entertainment, but it actually helps young people (or so I heard) in overcoming their insecurities.





 I won't lie to you.... it is my guilty pleasure. Whenever I'm having a bad day, or just don't know what to do I put on this show, and instantly feel at ease. Also, whenever I stand in front of difficult situations I hear the voice of RuPaul saying 'It is time for you to lip-sing for your lives. Good luck and don't f*ck it up!'.




It is not the subject of this post just because I had no idea what else I can share with you, but also because it has an educational twist to it! Drag is a colloquial expression for someone who dresses in opposite-sex clothes. And the very word is believed to be created by the one and only favorite British celebrity - WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE. It is an acronym created by him for 'a boy dressed as [a] girl'.





OK... so now getting back to the subject...


RuPaul (obviously) plays the role of a host, mentor, and head judge for this series, as contestants are given different challenges each week. RuPaul's Drag Race employs a panel of judges, including RuPaul, Michelle Visage, Ross Mathews, Carson Kressley, and a host of other guest judges, who critique contestants' progress throughout the competition. The general atmosphere, as well as the dynamics between the judges, are purely awesome. The title of the show is a play on drag queen and drag racing, and the title sequence and song "Drag Race" both have a drag-racing theme.
It has even earned RuPaul an EMMY in 2016. He won it for being an outstanding host. 



I believe it is enough for today. I have to end it before I will get too caught up in this story.
I highly recommend you to check it out, and maybe after watching a few episodes, you will binge the rest, like me. Or maybe you will just think that I have a really poor taste when it comes to TV shows. Who knows... Either way, it is time for me to 'sashay away', so BYE BYE!





Komentarze